Programme on Advertising
Advertising is widely regarded as the cutting edge of marketing and brand communication. This is so because advertising combines a plethora of strategies, techniques and skills that can hardly ever be found in any other promotional area of knowledge. From its earliest days, advertising brought forth several challenges and benefits to the owners of promotion-worthy products or services, ranging from attracting attention to scientific media exposure. With time, advertising helped to raise products and services to the esoteric level of becoming Brands, a development which greatly transformed advertising into a highly-respected professional practice. Today, advertising is no longer an appendage, but a worthy and tested partner, to all leading brand owners the world over. It is, indeed, a repository of Solutions, the preferred brand promotion option. This universal growth spawned a new age that is driven by Technology, Knowledge and Consumer Explosion. Advertising has thus cut out for itself a future of limitless opportunities and application. To be able to survive, compete and improve their levels of Expert Output and Value Addition, advertising professionals have no option but to continue to train and educate themselves for the benefit of the advertiser, the advertising media, the consumer and, above all, their very profession. This course by the SMC and Troyka-Insight Communications is a novel and rich source of such requisite equipment for perfection in the creation, planning, execution and delivery of excellence in advertising. It is the ideal bouquet of intellectual and industry blend.
Objectives The main objectives of the programme are:
- To introduce in the African Advertising industry a standing top-cadre manpower development bouquet that ranks among the best in the world.
- To stimulate in African Advertising leadership a new orientation towards unending self and organisation improvement in strategy, creativity, management and best practice compliance.
- To activate attention towards the application of Africa-centred Advertising philosophy, regulation, creative idiom and cultural values; and
- To emphasise the importance of digital immersion, scientific research and valid metrics as inevitable components of contemporary Advertising.
- Three weeks intensive lectures at SMC.
- One week practical sessions.
- Two days for group project presentation.
For Whom Chief Executive Officers, MDs, COOs, GMs, Board level Executives, Executive Directors & Directors in charge of Corporate Communications, Media & Communication Establishments, Executive Media Editors and any Executive who wants to complement their understanding of the Advertising Industry.
Duration: 20 Days spread across 2 months
Venue: School of Media and Communication, Pan-Atlantic University, Km 52, Lekki -Epe Expressway, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos.
Practical Sessions: Practical sessions will take place at the unit companies of Troyka Holdings
Application Form: N5,000 or $50 (International Students)
Course Fee: N600,000 per participant (without accommodation and dinner)